Melanie is an experienced consultant working in the fields of Leadership Development, Executive Coaching and Workplace Mediation.
She worked in senior Human Resource roles for Nortel Networks, Hewlett Packard and The Walt Disney Company, where she gained experience of working across all European cultures as well as the USA. She has a wide range of Human Resources experience, covering the design and development of training & leadership programmes, supporting the business with a generalist HR service on a pan European basis. In addition, she has specialist experience in Compensation & Benefits.
She is an accredited Coach and trained Mediator.
She uses a variety of tried and tested techniques such as Emotional Intelligence questionnaires, Myers Briggs and Neuro Linguistic programming tools. Her coaching style is practical and solutions based. She believes in building rapport and strong relationships with her clients so they feel supported and feel they can be challenged in a safe way.
Recent coaching assignments include:
- A CEO transitioning into his new role and needing to outline his 90 day leadership strategy, within the entertainment sector
- The President of a European Medical Device business looking to change the organisation structure to support business growth
- A senior female executive, based in the UAE working for a telecoms company, wanting to soften her leadership style
- A global marketing director looking to take a more strategic role and lift out of the detail
- A new Director developing his leadership style and wanting to bring a new team together to perform quickly in a challenging marketplace, within the property sector
- Supporting a Director within a PR agency who was experiencing significant work/life balance issues
- Two senior Directors in a professional services company who did not respect each other and were in conflict over every detail of the work they had to do together, such that the breakdown in their relationship was affecting the team around them.